Sunday, December 5, 2010

I heart my snugglies!

So I haven't really had a chance to showcase some of my new snugglies (this is something that my kids now call their special blankies) to you.  I've been trying to experiment and take the best pictures of them.  That way you can actually see how cozy, luxe, and special they are.  But how do you show something so 3-D in only 2-D?  Always a problem.  Anyhoo.....

This is 'Maya Jade'.  R&Rs daycare provider/my friend had her baby.  I wanted to try something a little new, so I decided to hand embroider her name and birthdate on one of the corners.  As towards the fabric choice, I remembered that Maya's mama once told me that as a project for her children's center she had them learn about butterflies.  And they got caterpillars and watched as they went through every step until it was time for the butterflies to take flight.  She said that it was really cool for the kids to see new life.  I already had this fabric, but hadn't done anything with it.  But when I got the news that Maya had been born, it was like the fabric had been waiting for her.  And I'm happy to report, Mama and baby are doing well and are loving the new snugglie.





 Awhile back I realized that I didn't have a lot of boy snugglies.  So I've been trying to come up with masculine fabric combinations.  This combination, Trav's sister helped me come up with back in March. And I'm just now getting to putting it all together (Shame!).  Its kinda hard to tell what the print is, but it is this little bear camping.  And T's sis, picked out some cute dotted fabric, to imagine real stars and this other one that looked kinda like leaves.  I really liked how it turned out.  Its probably one of my favorites, because the edge is ultrasoft and fluffy.
Camping Out

This one was super fun!  I found this dinosaur print and just loved how animated they looked with their googlie eyes.  But I didn't really see anything else to combine it with.  So after staring at my fabrics for a long while, getting frustrated, then stashing it away, then taking it out again......I finally thought I was over it.  Then I found this blue squiggly looking fabric in my remnants, and thought, I think these dinosaurs could be herbivores (can you tell I have a toddler into dinosaurs and yes we do read dinosaur books, have puppets, and watch dinosaur related things, and was amazed that some dinosaur names have changed since I was a kid?).  So I thought, "This blue fabric looks like it could be funky leaves that my funky eyed dinosaurs would love to eat."  And then came the creation of 'Dining with the Dinos'.
Dining with The Dinos
I also made a sport themed snugglie for T's boss' wife who is expecting this Xmas.  But I made it the night before the baby shower and didn't get a chance to take pics of it.  So sorry there's nothing to see, but that one was really cute as well.  

And for the holiday season, I have finished R&Rs stockings

From now until the week before Xmas, I am in a sewing frenzy to make gifts.  So come and check out more soon :-).



No comments:

Post a Comment