Wednesday, July 13, 2011

071311: The Very Hungry Caterpillar...

Like most mothers, I started reading to the kids when they were in my belly.  I bought the whole 'Curious George' collection, the whole 'Beatrix Potter' collection, lots of Dr. Seuss books, etc.  But where I went wrong is, I bought actual page books.  Now experienced mothers know that this was a complete rookie mistake, because babies/toddlers tear pages.  Anyhoo, over the last 2 1/2 years, our library has expanded and we now have a combo of cardboard books and page books.

The kiddos favorite book of the moment is Eric Carle's 'The Very Hungry 
Caterpillar'.

  So to spice our day up I decided to read it to them, but this time let them paint while they listen.  And of course take pictures of them as they do it. 


Still Clean....

Ray's an old pro (yes that is Wingo his car)

Now we're getting into it...

Ray painting his lips...

Having a ball....

So serious...

Ray(left) & Ry's(right) artwork
 (and yes, those are their hungry caterpillars)




No comments:

Post a Comment