Monday, November 8, 2010

2 apples

So I went to my first quilt faire last Saturday.  I know, I can't believe it was my first, but it was and it was (word-of-the-month).....FANTABULOUS!!!!!  I forgot the camera (gasp), so sorry no pics, but it was so inspiring.  In fact I came home and have sewn and completed 2 blankets and am finishing up a third.  I got some really cute and whimsical fabric to make new blankies for the kiddos and a great book on fun tips, that I can't wait to try.  But I think the most memorable thing was when one of the ladies looked at R&R and genuinely admiring them asked, "Are they twins?"  I almost LOL'd, literally.  And not cause it was just a crazy question and because I had to fight back the "are you serious?" face.  But my kids, not yet having learned how to suppress that expression, simultaneously, gave her the face.  Yes, they looked at her with those blanks stares for a good 3 or 4 seconds, and then looked at me, as if to say, "Is she serious, right now?"  I politely smiled and said, "No they're just really close in age."  And as we walked away I chuckled as I thought, "Well I guess the apples don't fall far from the tree.  Geez, I'm in for it."  Gosh, I wish I had my camera.  Well back to the sewing machine. Like Tigger says, "T.T.F.N.=TaTaForNow."

No comments:

Post a Comment