Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Tutorial....

So alot of the blogs I follow and that catch my in general, are crafting blogs.  And the one thing they all do the same, is have tutorials.  I don't fully know yet if thats what I always want to feature, but before I say 'I won't', I at least wanna give it a shot.  So here we go......


The kids godmom has 3 miniature Italian greyhound dogs .  And these girls are her babies.  Her princesses.  Now I completely get this, cause pre-having kids my boys (dogs) were my children before the children.  Anyhoo, her birthday is 3 days after Christmas and I wanted to give her something that she didn't already have (which is almost impossible).  So I created her a keep sake pillow of her girls (and her "princess" she grew up with BabyGirl).  (Instead of typing out the directions then posting pics, the captions under the pics are the directions.)


1. Buy a pack of sew-on transfer paper. That way you can print your pics from your computer straight on to your fabric.  For best results, follow the directions on the back of package.

2. Choose your pics you want to use and print

3. Measure the size you want to use, and cut with a rotary cutter (they're way easier than scissors and you can get more of a precise cut.)  I wanted more of a 5x7 portrait of Sissi's face, so I cut 5" across and 7" up. 

4. Dog or human, every princess needs a crown.  so I embellished the girls photos with Jolee's crystals (crafting brand) to make crowns on their heads.

5.  I kinda got carried away with my project I forgot to take a pic of the size of the fabric dividers that I used in between the girls' pics.  The measurement is 2.5"x7"

6. So once everything was sewn together, it came to 24.5" across.  so I cut 2 pieces of 25"x3.5".  One for the top of my project and one for the back.  (I also forgot to take a pic of the back.)  For the back I cut a piece of fabric the size of 25" x 14".  That way I had enough depth for my pillow.

7. Then I sewed the top and  bottom to my pictures. Sewed the back of my pillow  (wrongside to wrongside) to my front.  Left oneside open (to stuff with fluff). Sewed the open side.  And voila!!!!  "Something for the Gal who has everything" pillow.


So now in hind site, I think if I do a next tutorial, I'll have to take more pics of the steps I take.  See what had happened, was...... when I start going, I don't really think of the steps involved.  I just do it.  Well, feedback is welcome.  Whether you'd make this or not, what do you think would've made it better or easier?














No comments:

Post a Comment