Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its been nice, but.....

So my life was completely taken over by holidays, sickness (ugh), and trying not to pull my hair out.  


We survived Christmas.  We actually more than survived it.  We had a wonderful time down in So-Cal.  Although, it literally was a 48 hour trip, everyone did good.  And I didn't kill my significant other.  (I know that sounds dramatic.  But all you moms out there...  Wait, scratch that.  All you WOMEN out there know what that statement means.)  


It was Ry's first road trip, and I am proud to say that baby girl is a phenomenal traveler.  She had only 2 meltdowns and both were just cause she wanted to "nursie" (Yes I'm still breastfeeding her.  I feel like our relationship is established enough to share such an "intimate" detail.)  This was Ray's 3rd roadtrip, and even in the terrible 2s stage, he was great.


We stayed with Trav's cousin, Shell (who I absolutely adore), and her husband, Rock, and little man, Mica.  Mica is 6mths younger than Ray.  So not only did our visit consist of Christmas Morning and Day.  And reconnecting with fam that we haven't seen in over a year and a half. But our 48 hours consisted of cars, trucks, dinosaurs, roaring, growling, chasing/following each other around, giving grandmas a run for their money, and everything else you can think of 2 little boys getting into.  And sister girl, hung right in there.  She watched them for a little while, then started doing her own thing.  At one point I saw her look at both of them with a look of, "You boys are dumb".  If only that look would last forever (sigh).  One night, she surpassed her bedtime and waited for the boys to go down, so that she could have a good ol' time by herself with all the toys.  All I gotta say is, smart girl.


Amongst all the festivities, Ry, with all of her 27 1/2 inches, started walking.  She is so little, but she is getting around with confidence.  She's still doing the frankenstein arms, but even that is starting to subside.


Oh, and by the by, I made all my Christmas sewing deadlines.  This is entry is already long enough, so pics will follow later. 


So now is 2011, and truthfully I'm thrilled.  2010 wasn't bad, but I'm ready for a new year.  I does suck, that I'm kicking it off being sick (I had a relapse of a cold, once we got home.).  But I'm glad its here.  So....


So long 2010.  It was fun while it lasted.  We both knew it couldn't last forever.  Its not you, its me.  I mean you no ill will.  We're both better off.... We just grew apart.  We're headed in different directions.  I've grown, and need more.   We can end this diplomatically.  You just have to go your way and I'm going mine.  It's been nice, but all good things must come to an end.  C'est La Vie!





No comments:

Post a Comment