Friday, October 14, 2016

Dear Raymond Douglas,

Yesterday you have turned 8 years old.  I'm writing this letter to you today because yesterday you were able to spend time with your dad.  I had plans today to take photos of you and I was going to add them along with this letter.  But.....today was the first rain of the season.  So that was out.  However, I will always remember your smile as we sang 'Happy Birthday' to you.  I will always remember your quiet look of awe and excitement as you opened up your gifts.

I don't know why, but this birthday was slightly hard for me.  On one hand I am so excited for you and your growth and all the new adventures you will have.  But on the other hand, I feel like this is your last real birthday as a little kid.  You are maturing so fast and as you do, I realize you are not my baby anymore.  You are probably thinking, "I can't stay a baby forever!!"  And nor would I want you too.  But you are my first baby and there are moments that I will miss.

With all of that being said, I am so proud of the young man you are growing into.  You are so thoughtful.  You are so bright and innovative.  You are very playful, generous and loving.  I am so proud to be your mom.  I am so happy that you are in my life.  I promise I will always be here for you as your mom first and friend second.  And I won't say it in front of your friends or act like it in public, but you will always be my baby.  However, I will respect you at whatever stage of life you are in.  Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!



You're just too good to be true.........


Love, Momma




No comments:

Post a Comment