Monday, April 4, 2011

040411: The best part of my day.....

So you all know that what they say about terrible twos is all true, right?  And if you had or know of someone who has/had the perfect two year old, well all I gotta say about that is.... damn.  But despite all the craziness, Ray did something today that made me love him being two.

He is finally comfortable with repeating words to me when I ask him.  But when asked to say, 'excuse me', or 'thank you', or 'I'm sorry', or 'I love you', its still hit or miss.  

Well, this afternoon when he woke up from his nap, I tried to be slick and lay him back down on the bed to catch a few more minutes of quiet time.  This did not work.  But instead of throwing a tantrum, he threw his arms around my neck and said, "I love you, mom".  This completely on his own, no encouragement on my end.  Granted, he completely just ran game on me, but seriously..... who cares.  I know I didn't.

I melted.  Completely 100% melted and was happily ready to take on the next tantrum.  Which followed only 15 minutes later, when Ry awoke and decided she was interested in Benjamin (Ray's fave bunny).  It was the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment