Wednesday, February 23, 2011

022311: The simple things....

So I realize that it is only 30 minutes to midnight.  But I haven't fallen off the wagon on day 2.  Now to the nitty gritty....

I am a huge A.I (American Idol) fan.  In fact, every year since season 4 I have played in an A.I. fantasy league game that my sister has made called "Idolatry".  I say this with pride, because its pretty intense for us fanatics.  

The object of the game is to predict the winner (duh), but you have to make your predictions BEFORE the top 16(?) are chosen.  Some guys and gals wait all year for fantasy football, basketball, or baseball to start.  I wait for Idol.

Its kinda of a joke in our household, because Trav is a fantasy footballer.  And we are amazed at how fast the year goes by cause its either football is here or idol has started.  And then we do it all over again.

Ah, the simple things in life.

Anyhoo, I should tell you that Idol and I almost broke up last year.  Last season just was not entertaining.  There was talent, but nothing that wowed me.  Nothing that made me post a comment on my sister's commentary from week to week (She has a weekly update via email to all that play on goodbyes to that week's contestant and who is winning the game.)   But this year is fantastic.  Steven and J-Lo really make things interesting and this new Las Vegas try out is awesome.

So in plans of my blog, I designate Wednesday to be my TV day.  I'll give you my updates about shows that I fancy and shows that may look interesting to watch.  But until next week, I encourage one and all to start watching A.I.  


No comments:

Post a Comment