Wednesday, March 2, 2011

030211: Common 'TV' Land....

Since today is TV day, I totally had plans of talking about the Oscars.  All the way from Red Carpet to Oprah's after party in the Kodak theatre.  But my DVR did not record the Oscars.  And I did not realize this until yesterday morning.  UGH!!!!  I literally almost had a kanipshin fit.  I mean since I wasn't able to watch them 'Live', I was literally acting like Jimmy Fallon in 'Fever Pitch' when he didn't want to know the score of the game cause he couldn't be there and was trying to save the moment.  

So what does a girl like me do? I immediately call my sister to make sure she has it recorded and one of her teenage sons has not deleted it.  Phew!  She has it!  Problem solved.  Except for I still haven't had a chance to watch it.  Oh well, I guess no review of the Oscars.

But how 'bout A.I?  The boys sang last night.  And for the most part they all sounded good.  I say that, as if I sing.  (I cannot sing.)  But I go for entertainment and what song performances are memorable.  I can remember 5 off the top of my head that stood out.  The kid that looks like Seth Rogen, the guy who sings awesome and soft and reminds me of 'Spike' from the movie 'Notting Hill', the kid who did not do a good Usher perfomance, the guy who sounded good singing one of the late, great Luther Vandross' songs, and the Redheaded kid who made me wish I had that much body in my hair.  Now don't think that I'm not fully invested, even though I don't really know any of these contestants' names.  This happens to be the "beginning" fun.  Giving everyone nicknames and then if they stick around knowing their first and last name.

Anyhow, I told you that I'd show you my new project.  And yes it is a quilt.  But it is beautiful.  The very nice lady that I'm making it for is prego with her first baby.  And on a trip to India, she bought and brought home gorgeous sari material.  Here's a quick sample:





No comments:

Post a Comment