Tuesday, March 22, 2011

032211: Hello. Is it me your looking for?

So not only did I fall of the band wagon, but I completely rolled off the trail, stumbled into a bush, started a journal about buffalo, fell asleep and when I woke up, realized that I was taken in by Indians and couldn't speak the language.  All of that I kinda took from the movie 'Dancing With Wolves' (you know you all remember it).  But seriously, I know I've been M.I.A.  But with good reason.  Hear me out......

My house guest has now become temporarily permanent (oxymoron intended).  'A' will be living with us until the end of the school year.  So we've grown from 4 to 5.  And although numerically that does not seem like a huge jump, it feels like it to me.  

'A' is great.  She loves it here.  And the kids love her.  And we adults love her too.  She is 10, so she is pretty self sufficient.  But it is still a transition for me, being 'mommy' of 3.  (I guess one of the plus sides is that I wasn't prego for another year in a row to get the third. Hahaha)  So that's why, I've been "gone". 

Currently our days consist of not only getting to know each other, but also trying to regulate everyone's schedule, temporary homeschooling, making sure that there are fun, safe and age appropriate activities for everyone and oh, yeah, eating.  We've been doing a lot of eating.  All my kids are going through growth spurts. 

So that's that in a nutshell.  I'm hoping to get back to "normal" here and start blogging and crafting again.  But until everything gets there, in the melodious words of good ol' Lionel, "Hello.  Is it me your looking for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment